4.23.2010

Oatmeal _________ Cookies



Who doesn't love cookies? I made these cookies with some inspiration from my sister, Rachel, who mentioned how much she loves oatmeal-butterscotch cookies when she was visiting me a few weeks ago. (I guess the nice thing to do would have been to make them for her then...oops!)


Anyway, I was in search of a cookie that was chewy and crisp, buttery and oatmeal-y, and just all around delicious!

I divided the dough and put butterscotch chips in half and cinnamon chips in the other half. I had those in my cupboard and thought they both would be a nice complement to the brown-sugar oatmeal flavor already present in the dough. And although I would love to make more variations, there is only so many cookies I can make in a week (although I wish I could make more)!

Adapted from this recipe from Hershey's.

Oatmeal _________ Cookies
(they can be made with any kind of chips, dried fruit, etc.)


1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups __________ (cinnamon chips, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, etc. etc. etc.)

Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix flour and baking soda together and add to butter mixture. Stir until combined.

Drop by heaping teaspoons onto a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F until lightly browned.

Enjoy, and take a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment